Tuesday, September 9, 2008

We added to our Family today!

After four or more years of telling the boys they cannot have a puppy, Daddy finally gave the OK. I found out about Moose last week from a neighbor who's co-worker rescued Moose's mom a couple months ago. Moose's mom, Phoebe, is a Shiba Inu. When she was rescued she was due to have these five adorable pups. We aren't sure what the dad is but suspect Moose may have some Lab in him. I went last week to meet Moose and new he was meant for our family. Here are some pictures of Moose getting acclimated to our family and home.


Here is our first experience of home. We had just arrived home and it was pouring rain. We wanted Moose to potty outside before we took him inside.

Moose loves to lay on the cold tile.

Here is Casey just after he got home from school.

At the bus stop.

I kept the boys out of the loop so that I could surprise them at the bus stop. I captured Austin's reaction on video and a little of Zach's reaction.




Moose did really well last night. He cried for about 10 minutes before he settled in to sleep. I got up at 2am and took him out and then again at 5am. Luckily we haven't had an accident yet. Moose is well loved and we are thrilled to have him in our family.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cindy,

I peeked at your site ....now I've cried two days in a row! I am so thrilled for your family, and for Moose - I can't wait to show your kids' reactions to my kids - I love a happy ending.

Terri

Sharon Roble said...

Cindy

You don't know me I was the breeder tryig to help Terri Klein to cope with the litter after she was kind enough to take Phoebe into her home. I have bred and sold pups for over 20 years ad your videos brought me to tears...your home is truly a noisey crowd of love

Sharon Roble
Kessaku Kennels

amyorr said...

he is so cute! I love the name. I like how everyone at the bus stop was in on the action. Not just the Bringhursts.

Unknown said...

Fabulous, Cindy Lou! He will be a great addition to your family.
My advice is to get a crate. We didn't have one for Vicki, but we got one for Molly.
It become their own little home and it's good for sleeping at night and for training.
When Molly was little, I took the top off of it so that I could just reach in and pick her up or put her in there.
After about 6-8 months, we didn't make her sleep in there.
I'm so excited for you and the boys.
Moose will be well-loved and all of the love that you give him, you will receive 10-fold!

Cindy said...

Per your request Sue, Thanks for the comments Terri and Sharon

Anonymous said...

I love the post. Moose is truly the cutest and has definately settled in well with the family. Congratulations on the addition, we all love him.

The Skinners said...

What a cute puppy and fun addition to the family. I bet your boys are loving life!

Anonymous said...

I just wanted to take a moment to thank you for the puppy. I meant it. Really just made my day... I cant wait till he gets a little bigger and decides to include chasing me in his idea of fun. **Cat-Head

Chell said...

Oh what a cutie. Congrats on the newest member of the family, he will be well loved for sure...

Anonymous said...

Cindy,

Not sure if this will get to you -it's Terri, Moose's ... midwife! I was wondering if you could do me a big favor. My son Michael is writing his college essay about our summer with Phoebe and her pups, and he is embedding some photos. One of the nicest lines he's written about the good that came out of all of our hard work is about your family, specifically bringing Moose together with a family of five boys. Do you have a picture of the boys with Moose that you could email me? Michael would really love to include it in his essay. My email address is terriklein@comcast.net, and you can reach me by cell at 610-639-8255. Thanks. Hope all is well.

Terri

music