Tuesday, March 18, 2008

How much does a gallon of milk cost in Hawaii?

Well, after two days in S. Cal. we have successfully and finally made it to our beautiful state of Hawaii. The family is adjusting well to the time zone difference. We are six hours after our beloved east coast. I think the stop in California was a great plan to help everyone adjust better.






"I must memorize this map of Disneyland"

"I knew I could do it"


While in Cal. we spent a day and a half in the great Land of Disney. We had a blast. Here are a few pictures of us at Disney. Jackson was able to go on Pirates, Peter Pan, Snow White and Pinocchio. Pinocchio was his least favorite.



This is what a man in need of a vacation looks like on vacation.


Look how well behaved my kids are on these sacred temple grounds.




Today, Saturday, we headed over to the other side of the island. Our plan was to visit the temple grounds and then go the the Polynesian Cultural Center. As we arrived at the temple we reminded our boys of the reverence they should show and the nature of the sacred grounds. They were a little warm and the wind was blowing the water from the water fountain onto the sidewalk, so I told them they could stand in the misty water and cool off for a moment. Blaine and I began to visit with a sister missionary, as I turned to check on my children Zach had the whole top of his head in the water and Dylan was on his way in. I even think that Austin's judgement was impaired on this one. So much for our little talk just moments before.


We later headed for the Polynesian Cultural Center, we enjoyed a canoe ride, They also enjoyed a ride on this floating plywood. Just like a bunch of boys tormenting girls, they were rocking back and forth and nearly tipped this makeshift boat over. I was on edge the entire time.


I love this picture of Dylan. He turns to me and says "Mom, I'm just like the man on this picture". I think he makes a great imitator.



Sunday we made our way to Maui, we checked into the condo and relaxed the rest on the evening. Today, Monday, we played in the pool. Then we headed to a nice bay to snorkel a bit and to get a few rays. We are having a great time here. We miss all of our wonderful friends. We also bumped into a friend of Casey's from school. There family was seated at the table next to us at dinner tonight. It sure is a small world.

By the way, a gallon of milk costs $9.19. We only bought one.

5 comments:

Ginnie said...

HOLY COW! (no pun intended) I was going to guess like $5.50... that is one expensive cow.

Looks like fun and blaine looks happy and relaxed... that's great! you guys deserve it!

Anonymous said...

Wow! I hope you are rationing the milk portions, and I hope Jackson is still drinking formula. I guess they use special Hawaiian cows...that is what they mean about an eight cow woman. Love all the pictures. Blaine looks the most relaxed I have seen him in months. Hawaii looks good on you both. Love ya and soak in some sun for me.

somestratt said...

Cindy, it sounds like a wonderful vacation with so many fun experiences! It looks like everyone is really enjoying it (I know I would have if I made it into one of your suitcases!) Keep sending the pics. I love seeing them!

Val said...

I am so jealous! Looks like you all had a fun time! If I had to pay 9 buck for a gallon of milk, I might just go for some soymilk, or find a goat!:) Glad you are back and had a fun time.

Anonymous said...

Your kids are so huge and cute, and I've never even met Jackson!!! The last time I saw you guys, you weren't even pregnant! Come visit!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I miss you!

music