Friday, May 16, 2008

I've Got Birds

I've got birds, which I suppose is better than having pigs, or fleas, or crabs if you know what I mean. About a month ago I noticed birds flying into my external microwave vent on the side of my home. I initially thought a bird got trapped inside and was caught in the vent. My neighbor and I took the vent apart from the inside of the cabinet.

(This is why I couldn't stop them from the outside, I couldn't reach. The vent is above and between the two windows)

No birds were trapped, it was then that we realized they were building a nest. I tried to detour them but didn't have a ladder tall enough to reach the outside vent. Those little birds can build their homes FAST. After a couple days I decided they had already built their home and laid their eggs. Now those little eggs have hatched. All day long, all I hear in my kitchen is CHIRP CHIRP CHIRP CHIRP CHIRP CHIRP CHIRP CHIRP CHIRP CHIRP CHIRP CHIRP CHIRP, well you should get the picture by now. Just in case you don't get the picture, I took a little video for you to help you get the picture. It seriously is driving me crazy. If you are a bird expert, or just want to pretend to be, please advise, how much longer must I endure this nuisance.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow!!That is so much worse then a crying baby all day long - Of course you don't get to hold them and comfort and adore them. Good thing your an animal lover, that would drive me nuts, my dogs nuts. They seem comfy, and who wouldn't in the Bringhurst home, I wonder how long before they will fly the coop.

music