Monday, May 19, 2008

Bird Update

We had friends over tonight. I put them to work in the yard, and then we were enjoying a little refreshment that I made them provide. (This is why I don't have any friends). We started chatting about the birds in the vent. I decided to open the cabinet and realized that there was a stench that wasn't there just a few days ago. Now, today is Monday and it was just Friday that I posted and took the video of my vent. I asked Randy to pull out the towel from the vent. Things were just different than before so I certainly didn't want to pull out the towel.


Here is Randy getting ready to pull out the towel. We had realized that the whole nest and the birds had fallen down into the cabinet.







It turns out that there are three birds, here they come.





One bird escaped, I screamed and jumped and screamed some more. I think Jennifer might have screamed also but I am not quite sure about that. Crazy Bird decided to hide by Catheads scratching post. Good thing Cathead wasn't lingering by the post.

When Randy tried to get Crazy Bird, it flew behind the videos. After a couple minutes he was able to get the bird and take it to his siblings...

but first he gave Cathead a little looky Lu

Now I have three birds in a bucket hanging from a hook hoping that none of the neighborhood cats get to the bucket. Not sure if any of the little birds will survive. Will their Mommy and Daddy come back to them? Will they be able to spread their wings and soar to a higher level.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Cindy Lou - This is a great story and set of pix.
I have found 2 birds in my life. I was told by bird experts what to do. One was a a hummingbird and the other a mockingbird. Both were babies.
It looks like yours is a mockingbird.
What I did was take the bird to a local bird expert that takes in cases like mine. We transported the bird in a cardboard cat-carrying box. Took it to the bird lady and gave her some money to take care of it.
She took my phone number and said she'd call if it didn't make it. She said that 90% of them make it, so it's easier to just call the ones that don't make it.
So, maybe you can a local bird lady. I got the number from my vet's office.

Anonymous said...

I love the descriptions of the events. The best pictures of you super clorox cleaning were great (I see you didn't include them)The house smells great today. Fly birds fly.

Roo said...

Ya know, I was happy to help with the birds.... I appreciate the free advertising for Crawford and sons! We may be great trailer mechanics.... But we're enviromentally friendly too!! Have the boys named them yet?? --Roo

Chell said...

Man I need friends like yours. they do yard work, bring teats and do bird extraction. That is some full service friends you have..

music