Thursday, May 29, 2008

Memorial Weekend



Ever year we try to take at least one camp outing. Blaine doesn't really enjoy camping but he is always good to go along. I just told Blaine that we will actually be going twice this year. He is a good sport. We went to Patapsco State Park in Maryland. The weather was perfect for camping. Cool at night but not too cold, and perfect temperatures in the day. The older boys worked on some scouting things such as fire preparation and proper pocket knife use. We went with our friends the L'Heureux's, it helps that he is the scout master. We even brought our flags to show respect to our nation and to those who serve.



While camping Jackson decided to finally try his walking legs. I say finally but I do admit that the baseball season has been really nice with Jackson not walking. He will usually just sit on my lap at the games. Here is some video with "J" sporting his walker.


First Jackson needed a little encouragement from his brothers. Now that is some support group!







Here is Jackson showing a little attitude. He is learning to hold his own.








Here is Jackson with just a little bit of success without the walker.







One of the best thing we brought on the trip was this little red ball. Between this ball and a soft baseball the kids were entertained for hours. We call this next piece...








"The Gallery of the Little Red Ball"






And of course Jackson's own little ball.
Sunday Morning we woke up to a surprise in Casey's shoe. If you know me very well at all you must know that this image puts a chill through my bones like a late December night. If you know Casey very well you know that this disgusts him almost as much as me. Needless to say he will never wear these shoes again! Luckily these are his old shoes and due to be discarded anyways.


We always take the nebulizer!!!

Here is Jackson's first taste of watermelon. He really likes it.






We went for a hike on Sunday. The weather was beautiful, the trail was 95% shaded by trees and Casey was in a good mood. That one is sometimes hit or miss. Along the trail was these thrones made for kings so we insisted in the dads taking time to relish the moment. Actually I think they welcomed the rest.






On the trail.






This picture I just had to throw in because I love the little look on his face sooo much.









I hope your Memorial weekend was as memorable as ours!




4 comments:

Jordan said...

Looks like you guys had a blast! I love Jackson's attitude in the videos-- throwin' the bear! That's great! The red ball cracks me up. It reminds me of Wilson in Cast Away.

Unknown said...

These are great! Thanks so much for posting these so that I can see them from afar. Makes me miss all of you. Casey looks like a full-blown adult. Wow!
Love the family pic of you all hiking. That would look good in a frame on a wall in Farmington. hint
I love this blog and look forward to finding new treasures. Thanks for the quotes, too. That's the first thing that I look at.
Love it all!

amyorr said...

That picture of Jackson is cute. That spider picture is nasty. Its good for the blog. It looks like you guys had a ton of fun. It was good talking to you. Miss ya!!

somestratt said...

Hooray for camping, and for Jackson's walking!!! I am sure that it will be a run in a matter of weeks. We camped over Memorial weekend too and it was amazing!

music