Thursday, January 17, 2008

A Taste of Winter

We are finally getting our first taste of winter. The boys were so excited to come home from school today so they could play in the snow. Here is a picture of Dylan, truly getting his first "taste" of winter.

Zachary, Austin, Dylan
The boys building their snow fort.Here is a picture of my boys "PRETENDING" to throw a snowball at me. I told them to pick up a snowball and pretend to throw it at me. Funny how the only one that heard the pretend word (Maybe that was the problem, maybe I pretended to say the word pretend) was the five year old. Dylan's snowball is still in his hand. Zach's snowball hit me in the stomach...
And where did Austin's snowball hit, you ask? You see I usually would be able to dodge these bullets, but because I was taking a picture and wasn't expecting them to actually throw the snowballs I was caught off guard. SMACK right in the middle of my eye, my eyelid was open and now I have permanent damage that lasted about 15 minutes. I grabbed my eye and said ouch (very calmly I might add), my boys were laughing so hard that they forgot to inquire just how injured I was. Austin finally came to see me and he asked "Mom, are you alright" my reply was
"I will be... but could you pleeeeeeease quit laughing ".

(I must be a secure woman to post a picture of myself that looks like this.)

As you can see it was my right eye that was hit. It has now been an hour or so. The final report is this...All is well, my eye has stopped watering, maybe just a little scratchy. I hope you enjoyed your afternoon as much as I did.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I definately don't want to be in the next "payback" pretend snowball fight when you aren't holding the camera. What fun...I love snow, you sure got your true taste of winter.

amyorr said...

Oh, how sad! You look great though! It takes some woman to still look that good after being hit. Ah.....That's my Austin.....so sweet to ask if you are alright.

Ginnie said...

OUCH! I can take care of Austin for you.

Chell said...

Yea that looks likeit hurt, but I have to agree amy you still look good.... I took some pictures in the snow yesterday too but they were just of some things in my yard. I need to borrow some kids so I can get some interesting shots.

music