Thursday, January 3, 2008

Winter at the Bringhurst's home

I love winter time, playing in the snow. Making snowmen or snow-women sometimes. Sledding down icy hills, hitting the jump at the bottom to see how much air one can get. Warming up with a hot cup of cocoa and a dabble of whip cream. Don't forget the smell of pine in the air. I love it!!

Thanks Amy, Nate and Nick for the pic



But lately this is what we have to work with. It is dry and cold. We have only received a trace of snow this winter so far. I do however get to enjoy my neighbors pines that they had planted a couple years ago.


a swing set that is just too cold to let the kids play on.




And many breathing treatments every day, If it's not

Jackson Bruce...

Then it is Dylan
They get anywhere from 4 to 6 treatments each per day when they are in a flare.

Each treatment takes about 10 to 15 minutes
The machine is quite annoying here is a 5 sec sample


to those of you who know me very well, you know that I cannot stand annoying buzzy noises such as the hair dryer, the fan in the car cannot be above 2, and this machine about does me in. (Don't get me wrong I am thankful for this machine, remember, Favorite thing--modern medicine from previous post)

So as much as I enjoy this time of year, I must say I am looking forward to SPRING!!!

So for now I will pretend it is spring, Happy Spring to all of you that would like to pretend with me.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

After seeing those pictures I feel so healty and grateful to be so. As for Spring, I am still holding on to the dream that if I build a grass snowman, the snow will come.

Anonymous said...

I would like to see that grass snowman

Val said...

Ok, so I'm a little late on the commenting thing, but I'm slowly coming around. I might even have my blog up and going by the end of the month! Anyways, I just want you to know that you always have the best and funniest music, ringtones, etc. Where do you find it all! What a fun gal! Well, I am more than happy to pretend with you that it is Spring, we have had our little neb machine out all day too! Keep smiling, the beach is just months away!

Chell said...

Hey looks like you got a taste of that spring you were wishing for. Today was great, especially after the bone chilling cold we had last week. That reminds me I need to get some of my snow pictures from my Christmas trip to maine posted...

Unknown said...

Thanks for saying "Jackson Bruce" and for posting the snowwoman. Sorry that they have to use that machine. I promise, Cindy Lou, that it will be spring when you come to SoCal in March.

music