Sunday, February 10, 2008

I Have The Most Thoughtful Husband

I went shopping on Saturday. I don't enjoy shopping unless I am going for a distinct purpose. I have to know what I am getting and have a really good idea of where I will get it.
We are taking a trip next month and I wanted my boys to have an extra swimsuit I also wanted to get them the UV rash guard swim shirts. Old Navy has matching shirt, shorts and flip flops. No they are not called thongs anymore.
We were a little crunched on time so I took the younger boys shopping while Blaine would take Austin shopping after his music lesson. Zach and Dylan chose their suits and I picked out two adorable outfits for J-Bear.

Blaine later took Austin so that he could pick out his own suit. They came home and Blaine says to me "Hun" (he calls me this sometimes), "why don't you look in the bag to see what Austin pick out". I opened the bag and pulled out this plaid pink and white sun dress. Now, I quickly realize that this is a very kind gesture by my husband. I knew that Austin would not ever pick something like this out for himself. Blaine was trying to purchase something for me that I can use at the beach on our trip. Blaine sometimes has these spontanious acts of kindness. Usually he does a really good job.

Here is where the problem lies. Blaine picked out a size 10 for me. Yes everyone, I am a perfect 10. However, the 10 must be picked out from the womens department. Yes, my thoughtful husband picked out for me a girls size 10. I could see right away that there was no way I could ever fit into this dress. I was worried about hurting his feelings so I smiled and started to pull it over my head. That is as far as the dress went. Plain and simple I have not been a girls size 10 for 25 years. I thanked him for his efforts but I will be returning the dress.

Here is the dress. It's cute... for a 10 year old.

These boys aren't quite sure what to do with a pink dress in their hands.

6 comments:

Chell said...

Aww how sweet that he was trying to do something so thoughtfull for you. Love the picture of the boys holding it like it might bite them if they are not careful..

amyorr said...

Oh.My.GOSH. That is SO funny. It's a pretty cute dress. You didn't mention if you had a swim suit yet. I found one I think you would FABULOUS in! I can't figure out how to put a link on a comment so I e-mailed some ideas to you. I hope you like them!

Anonymous said...

He has good taste in style and color, you would have been styling and looked adorable 25 years ago. It is the thought that counts.

somestratt said...

Cindy! That is the best story. Don't you love the Random Acts of Kindness preformed by husbands here and there! They are so cute! I am glad that it really wasn't picked out for or by any of your boys (for themselves!)

ness said...

HILARIOUS.

Ginnie said...

OK, that was hilarious! Just thinking about it makes me laugh. You do have a very sweet husband.

music