Saturday, February 23, 2008

Take the Challenge

My friend was telling me of a Guinness World Record contest that she saw on TV. The record was set for eating mini powdered donuts. Three donuts in one minute, I know it doesn't sound like much. On the show that she saw there was a new record set at five donuts. Some of the rules are, no licking lips and no drinks. We thought we would give it a try.

I should forewarn you if you don't know about my eye. I have this crazy wink jaw thing. When I eat, chew gum, yawn, basically anything that causes my jaw to stretch open, well then my eyelid also stretches open. Sounds bizarre I know but I was born with it and the next thing you want to know is if it bothers me. No it doesn't. Actually it use to make me money. My dad would pay me if I would show his friends. The pay was minimal but it was a living for a five year old. Someday I will give a full demonstration.

As I prepare this blog and the videos I was remembering all the things my friend Amy jokes about, so maybe this was all a big joke. Nevertheless we had fun eating powdered donuts.




"The Rules"


Part One

Part Two

Part Three

Part Four

Now because I fell off my chair, licked my lips and basically hosed the contest we had to do it again. So, here is take two.

"Take Two"

Part One

Part Two

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am quit convinced that the devious Mrs. Orr was pulling your leg. She was just craving powdered doughnuts.

Chell said...

LOL that was hysterical. I needed a good laugh and that did it. I wonder what the world's record is for eating Zwhalen's apples...

Ginnie said...

Blaine has a valid point.

Next time you should try to see how many big marshmellows you can shove in to your mouth. I hear the record is 20.

Unknown said...

I think that Çindy Lou is wearing my son's t-shirt!

I once entered a hot dog eating contest in my neighborhood. The rule was that you had to shove the entire hot dog into your mouth, bun and all, and eat it.

I won!

Cindy said...

Sue--the T is old and worn out but it is one of my fav lounging T's. Thanks JJ

Will you show me that hotdog thing in a few weeks? Please!!!

amyorr said...

Okay Mr. Blaine, there really was a record we were trying to break. I swear!

somestratt said...

Cindy, I LOVED this!!! After feeling nasty for a couple of days it was perfect for a good deep laugh! You guys are great.

em said...

ok my favorite part is that amy didn't crack a smile when you fell over, AND, even though her time limit was up, she still ate that last donut. you guys slay me.

ness said...

THAT. WAS. AWESOME. your eye is insanely hilarious. you could seriously freak some kids out on halloween with that little trick. when's the next contest?

Anonymous said...

I think you two should take on a new record breaking event every week. Any next doughnut event, I am there - chocolate covered though. Nice job gals...very fun to watch.

Jenna said...

OK Cindy, this is Greg, and I have to say....that eye thing you got goin...pretty freaky lookin, but cool! Why didn't you invite me to join the contest?

music